The Volunteer Youth Committee will engage youth in volunteerism with The Hospice of Windsor & Essex County Inc. It will promote and facilitate youth to play an active and innovative role in Hospice fundraising initiatives and to participate in “Random Acts of Kindness” for the community.
The membership of the committee will be representative of youth in our community aged under 30 years old. The committee will be co-chaired by two selected representatives and staffed by the Manager of Volunteer Services or designate. All committee members will be registered as Hospice Volunteers through the Orientation & Screening Program of the Agency.
The committee shall meet 6 times a year, or at the call of the chair.
1. The committee will engage youth to volunteer at designated Hospice Events, including 40 hour students.
2. The committee will initiate, develop and execute fundraising initiatives with the approval and under the guidance of the Hospice Resource Development department.
3. The committee, along with Hospice staff will define & approve “Random Acts of Kindness”.
4. The committee will advise on volunteer recruitment and recognition of youth volunteers.
5. The committee will prepare a quarterly written report on the activities and accomplishments of the committee and submit statistics as requested.
6. The committee will engage and mentor youth committees.
7. Committee members shall sit for a 2 year term*.
If you, or someone you know, are interested in joining the Volunteer Youth Committee,
please contact Sue MacTaggart at 519-974-7100 ext. 2236 or firstname.lastname@example.org